This flavor-packed, fiber-rich vegetarian casserole is easy to assemble and feeds a crowd.
nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can canned black beans (15 oz. per can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 oz. per can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can red kidney beans (15 oz. per can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can corn kernels (15 oz. per can, whole, drained and rinsed)
- 3 scallions (large, minced)
- 1 bell pepper (small, finely diced)
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11ounces tortilla chips
- 1cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, corn, scallions, bell pepper, salsa, cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Arrange half of chips in an even layer in baking dish. Top with half of bean mixture. Sprinkle evenly with half of shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheeses. Repeat with remaining chips, beans, and cheeses.
- Bake casserole on middle rack of oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top, 23-27 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Serve immediately, topped with sour cream and diced avocado if desired.